The 9 hole Academy course located between the Oceanico Faldo Course and the Oceanico O'Connor Jnr. course is ideally suited to beginners and those who wish to sharpen up their short game. It has been built to the same high standards as the Oceanico Faldo Course and Oceanico O'Connor Jnr. course.
Three teeing options vary the line of play into each hole and maximize every hazard designed into the green complex. The 7th is the feature hole on the course, where two of the teeing options play over water.
The 9 hole Academy course will become a firm favorite with all the family and a must to play alongside its big brothers.
- Magnificent Clubhouse
- Pro-Shop with extensive range of products
- Greenside bar & café
- Bar and restaurant
- Luxurious changing rooms
- Practice Putting Greens
- Driving Range
- Long & short game practice areas
Amendoeira Golf Academy offers a wide variety of instructional programmes to meet the needs of all golfers.
* Floodlighting charge applies.
- Every player must have his or her own bag of clubs.
- Single players are allowed on the golf courses during less busy periods, subject to starter’s decision.
- Club bags and trolleys are not allowed on the greens.
- Buggies are not allowed on the tees, greens and avant-greens.
- Only two players and two club bags are allowed per buggy.
- Dogs are not allowed in the Clubhouse or on the grounds of the golf course.
- Softspikes are mandatory at all courses.
- Children under 12 are only allowed on the golf course when specifically authorized and after Terms & Conditions have been read, agreed and signed.
- Practice is only allowed within the practice areas.
- Putting areas cannot be used for pitching.
- Handicap Certificate required. Recommended handicaps: 28 for Men and 36 for Ladies.
- Bathing attire, jeans, T-shirts, sleeveless tops and training shoes are not allowed in the Clubhouse, on the practice areas and the golf course itself. Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Dress code must include trousers or tailor shorts, polo shirts and golf shoes and socks.
- Single players should give way to groups.
- Any group with a free hole ahead should give way to the next group.
- The players looking for a lost ball should give way to the next group if the ball is not found quickly.
- During busy periods, the players should mark the ball on greens par 3 so that the next group can tee off.
- When finished on a hole the players should leave the green immediately.
- In the interest of all, the game should go on without delay. So please:
- Prepare your ball, tee and tee club in advance.
- Do not leave your trolley too far from the green or in the wrong direction for the following tee.
- Do not mark your scorecard on the green.
- Do not make more strokes than necessary to score when playing Stableford.
- Before leaving a bunker please make sure you leave it as smooth as you found it.
- Please repair the divots on the fairways.
- Please repair the pitch and spikes marks on the greens.
- Greens and fairways should not be damaged by clubs tests.
- Please follow the instructions for buggies usage.
- Buggies and trolleys are not allowed on greens and surrounding areas.
Do not leave money, valuables or golf equipment in the locker rooms or in the car.
Note: The golf course management does not accept any responsibility for loss of and/or damage to valuables, personal effects or golf equipment.
Amendoeira Golf Resort is just 35 minutes drive from Faro Airport along the A22 motorway, 4 km inland from the beach resort of Armação de Pêra.
View the course on map.
Faro Airport to A22 motorway
Exit Faro on the main road alongside the airport roundabout and follow the signs for Faro and A22. Continue along this road for approx 2.5 km and take the second exit on the right signposted A22 Lisboa & Portimão to join a dual carriageway. After approx 4 km move to the left hand lane and take the left fork on the dual carriageway following the sign A22/Lisboa/Portimão/Albufeira. After a further 3 km take the right hand exit off the dual carriageway following the sign for A22 Lisboa/Portimão/Albufeira.
A22 motorway to Amendoeira Golf Resort
Continue for approx 45 km and leave at junction 7/Alcantarilha, where you will come to a large roundabout. Take the first right, signposted Silves, and continue on the road (EN529) for approx 2 km and at the second roundabout the entrance to Amendoeira Golf Resort is on your right.